TODD M. PALMQUIST
PO Box 1920, Burbank, CA 91507
Retired (1/16 to Present)
San Gabriel Valley Consortium on Homelessness (5/11 - 12/15) West Covina, CA
Directed a staff of 2, transitioning a volunteer organization to an incorporated, 501 (c) (3) organization of over 2000 members providing homeless programming and services in the San Gabriel Valley. The Consortium worked to develop a regional approach to homeless programming and planning and to encourage community designed solutions and the growth of partnerships. This included not only the marketing of the Consortium in the Valley, but also the development of a Board of Directors, sustainability plan, and other operational processes.
Muscular Dystrophy Association (1/09 - 8/10) Los Angeles, CA
Regional Director - Southern California
Overseeing the operation of six district offices (Los Angeles Metro, Los Angeles Valley, Santa Barbara, Santa Ana, Long Beach and Fresno) with a combined yearly budget of approximately $ 8.5 million and a staff of over 40 people.
Montpelier Foundation (12/07 - 1/09) Montpelier Stations, VA
Director of Operations
Non-profit organization responsible for the 2,700 acres homestead of President James Madison. Responsible for finance, administration, budgeting, HR, buildings & grounds, visitor services and other related activities. Staff of 50 people.
Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission (12/04 - 12/07) Charlottesville , VA
Director of Workforce Programs/Piedmont Workforce Network
Quasi-governmental – Manage Workforce Investment Act in 10 county area. Provide business, job seeker and youth workforce programming. Coordinate activities of Board of Elected Officials, Board of Directors and Youth Council. Manage all financial reporting and contracting. Work with Governor’s office to set up a prototypical One Stop Career Center . Implemented prototypical incumbent worker training program in conjunction with the VA Dept. of Business Assistance. Staff of 2.25
Boys & GirlsClubs of Harrisonburg/Rockingham County (6/03 - 12/04) Harrisonburg , VA
Director of Operations
Non-Profit Organization – manage 6 after-school/summer program centers. Responsible for HR, finance and accounting, program reporting, Board of Directors, purchasing, IT, facilities mgt. program development, marketing, customer relations. $1 mill. + budget and a staff of 75+.
Business Engineering, Inc. (9/00 - 5/03) Arlington , VA
Chief Administrative Officer
IT Integration Company – Handled HR, finance/acctg., operations/scheduling, customer service, facilities mgt., purchasing/inventory, prepared company for sale. $2 mill. + budget and staff of 15.
Honeywell-POMS (9/96 - 9/00) Herndon , VA
Director, Contracts and Administration
Software Development Company – Served as Finance/Admin and Contract person until company grew to where we hired a CFO. Responsible for HR, facilities mgt., IT, contracts, purchasing, international office management, etc. Assisted in the preparation of the company for sale to Honeywell. Staff ranged from 3 to 10. Overall budget of $10 mill. +
National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (6/95 - 9/96) Silver Spring , MD
Vice Pres.-Finance and Administration
National Apartment Association (2/94 - 6/95) Washington , DC
Senior Vice Pres./Exec. Vice Pres.
Society of Cardiovascular/Interventional Radiology (5/89 - 8/93) Fairfax , VA
American Statistical Association (12/85 - 5/89) Alexandria , VA
Director of Business Affairs
Reading Is Fundamental, Inc. - Director of Finance and Administration (4/84 - 12/85)
Town ofVienna, VA - Chief of Management Services (11/80 - 4/84)
Town of West Hartford, CT - Assistant to the Town Manager (3/79 - 11/80)
PortAuthority of NY and NJ - Management Consultant (6/76 - 3/79)
Masters - Public Administration Indiana University Bloomington, IN
Bachelors - Sociology/Anthropology Indiana University Bloomington , IN
Non-Profit and Association Executive –
- With the Society of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology (then SCVIR - now SIR) I established its first educational and research foundation. Implemented development plan.
- Managed both trade and professional associations and related foundations
- Supervised operations of regional offices with the National Apartment Assn. and Reading Is Fundamental, Inc.
- Planned and supervised meeting and conferences in almost all the associations – some having over 3,000 attendees and 75,000 sq ft of exhibitions
- Establishment and operation of juried scientific journal while with the SCVIR. National Apartment Association also had a trade magazine.
- Represented organizations in larger, national meetings and conferences
- Traveled around the country motivating chapters and regional offices
- Worked with volunteer boards and committees
- Worked to market and increase membership of all associations
· Human Resources, Finance and Accounting Experience
- Establish SOP’s for accounting, finance, HR, administration, operations and contract management (all positions)
- Responsible for total HR function including benefits, recruitment, work permits, Workers Comp and EEO, etc.
- Implemented the use of technology and automation wherever possible resulting in significant staff savings – over 5 network installations at a number of my employers
- Implemented employee handbooks (at most of my employers)
- Successfully hired 100’s of staff members in administrative, technical, sales and operational positions
- Reduced average A/R collection period to below 30 days (Business Engineering)
- Set guidelines and coordinated the preparation and management of budgets ranging from $1,000,000 to $50,000,000
- One of 3 staff members involved in the crafting and preparation of supporting documentation relating to a due diligence process for a successful venture capital deals totally over $10,000,000
- One of 2 staff members involved in the crafting and preparation of supporting documentation relating to a due diligence process for a successful purchase deal valued over $80,000,000
- Reporting and record keeping for federal and foundation grants
· Other related experience
- Project mgr for office space acquisition, planning and relocation – approximately 100,000 sq ft
- Emergency and Conservation management
- Risk Management and training
- Police staffing and scheduling
- Arraignment process – New York City Court System